Friday, March 19, 2010

It Is Saturday!

Thank God for Saturdays. It is THE day when I can get up later than usual or so I thought. Monday to Friday I cannot hear my alarm (set twice at half hour intervals) but Saturday I can hear it so it's 5.30am and I am wide awake. My hope for getting up a teeny weeny bit later dashed. Ah well, might as well do some blogging and let my hamsters out for a run. Mimi was fast asleep so Momokuai and AnAn were lucky to get their early morning exercise. I cleaned the cage thoroughly and prepared their food. Seeds at level 1 and chestnuts at level 2 with the freshest water. Just read that they ought to drink boiled and cooled water rather than from the tap. What a good life - so what did their ancestors drink in the desert? Ah yes, mineral water I guess. Toilets (one for each level) shone with fresh wood shavings, pillow and blanket all laid out for their royal highnesses after their early morning jog. I am the servant of hamsters. Their maid. Their nanny and provider, all rolled into one. And after that I cleaned my own house. Sweeping and dusting and a neighbor had to haul me out from my labors and chat for half an hour. I hope he wasn't aware that I hadn't washed my face or brushed my teeth/hair, besides...um, other things. At least he said I was a good listener....he didn't know that I was counting the minutes and that my elbows hurt from leaning too long on the window sill. At this age, those marks on my flesh will take a few hours to plump out....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...