Friday, January 21, 2011

It Is Heart-Breaking

Thank you Rubie and this post is for you. It is very heart-breaking when I think that stray dogs have never felt a hand lovingly stroking them or hear a voice speaking nicely to them. A friend just told me that dogs are the only animals who can read our facial expressions (my sister insists her cats can too) so it is heart-breaking that strays only get impatient/angry/nervous stares from most humans. They get babies without knowing why (I imagine) and many times they watch their babies die. I recently saw one of them pushing her dead pup with her nose trying to wake it. Sad, isn't it? Last Saturday I went to my office to check on something and didn't bring food with me. Mr. Big Bully whined happily when I got down from my car and he followed me up the steps but I was so, so sorry I had no food with me. He whined unhappily and slept at my door when I left. I felt so bad I bought a loaf of bread at a nearby shop. When I returned he was still lying infront of my door looking (I imagine) extremely disappointed and hungry. He was disappointed that it was just bread but at least he won't go hungry for that day. Well, there are a couple of things that they enjoy. They are free to roam where they want and they don't have to go through the ordeal of taking a bath.

2 comments:

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

Thanks Tooki - we just feel so sorry for these doggies, your posts make us cry. Rubie and her mum.

Diana Chiew said...

Yes, we are sorry for those strays but we just couldn't help ALL of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...