Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sad Happenings

My adopt-the-puppies effort has paid off. These 2 puppies are missing from my workplace and I assume someone has brought them home. At least, that's what I hope. I fed them a very good meal on Sunday evening and when I went to work early the next morning they were gone. I whistled for them but no hungry, yelping puppies came running. I am happy that someone is caring for them but goodbyes are always painful. The head says one thing but the heart feels another....I'll be okay after 2 days. This morning when I took Coco for a walk an elderly lady greeted me and smiled at Coco. She was sitting alone in the carpark and I thought she was waiting for someone. Without much hesitation she told me that her "bad son-in-law" has turned her out of her home (or his home more likely) and I thought oh-oh. Like I said, Hari Raya is just a day away and this poor old (Muslim) lady has such a tragic tale to tell. And most likely no place or family to celebrate this important Muslim holiday. Perhaps she's senile and making up stories or perhaps she's telling the truth but I thought what the heck - if I can feed stray dogs, a needy human is even more important so that was one reason why I took a day off from work. She didn't ask much from me anyway, just to drive her to the nearby shops to look for more help. I hope she finds some relatives who will take her in.

1 comment:

Sage said...

What a sad story. I don't know where you live, but there are often a lot of social services that assist the elderly. What you did was wonderful --there is a need for more people like you out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...