Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pied Piper

When I bought this schnauzer, I didn't know that it was originally bred for (of all things) catching rats. Sometimes I catch her putting her paws at the edge of the table where the hamsters are kept and I have visions of coming home one day to over-turned cages and 3 (God forbid) dead hamsters. 3 fighting hamsters and one rat-catcher. What on earth possessed me? But I am happy to read that the schnauzer had been the subject (or part subject) of famous artists - Rembrandt, Sir Joshua Reynold, Albrecht Durer. Its accomplishment as a brave and loyal working dog and guard dog fills my heart with hope. I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I envision the day when Coco will trot obediently by my side, carrying my bag of grocery. We reach the door and she wipes her paws before entering and deposits the bag in the kitchen. Perhaps she can learn to use the washing machine, mop the floor, clean the toilet........ach, what time is it? Why am I dreaming??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...