Friday, August 13, 2010

Stray Dogs

The other day my colleagues and I were drooling, oohing and aahing about the maid who inherited 12 million from her rich owner. Didn't read the details but she sure is lucky - don't you wish it's you. What would I do if I had 12 million? I would open a shelter for homeless animals. Thanks to Coco I became more aware of the stray dogs at my workplace (after ignoring them for the past half year) and finally did what I was trying hard not to do all the time - feed them. Puppies appeared and I became particularly fond of one which came running each time I whistled. One by one they were captured, hopefully, into new homes. Who knows, some might end up in a pot. Sad but true. My little favorite was the last to be captured because it knew how to run away when strangers approached. It was finally caught but not before giving the fellow a long jog around the building in the rain. The man seemed suspiciously persistant and I felt uneasy when he took hold of a stick. I couldn't do much except tell him you better take good care of the dog and not eat it!! Coco and the likes are having a good life but strays lead very, very miserable lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...